Thursday, August 17, 2006

Practicing PRT

I had so much fun with Buggie tonight!

Sunshine and KofC wanted to stay to sister#3's until it was time to read Harry Potter at 8, so DaddaHub and I gave into Buggie and let him play in a pan of water on the deck. May as well have let him get into the pool because by the time we were through he was soaked. First I just let him play in it without prompting because I wanted to go in while he was out and run a mop over the floors(something that hadn't been done all week). I looked out and DaddaHub was engrossed in a book and Buggie had dropped the whole pan of water down on his lap. i got him more and finished the mopping.

I went out and got the water soaker gun and sucked up some water with it from the pan. Elijah immediatly took his hand out of the water and got all excited over the gun. I gave him a tease, and then I prompted, "water". Instantly on cue he made an 'aaa' sound and I soaked him. I did that for a whole pan full of water and only twice did I have to prompt more than once. When it was all through I refilled the pan with warm water and splashed him a little with it on the belly. Squels of delight sounded. And I said "water". Instantly he responded. there was only enough water in the pan to do that three times But each time he just squeled but always calmed down enough to give me a great vocal request. Reluctantly we took him in the house, because it was 7:30 and getting chilly. not to mention he had seven visible new misquito bites.

When we got inside I took some toys upstairs and Elijah followed. I'd already cleaned up his room and mopped it, but he found the light chaser. I got control of it and prompted and he answered, but that was it. He jumped up on his bed. I got on the bed with him and held his arms at his side in such a way that he didn't know that I was holding him and I placed the light chaser to his nose and let it spin. He loved this and we got about 10-15 one try exchanges alternating from nose to tongue.

I personally think he's getting the connection, just not sure if he gets it more when there's not a crowd. We shall see.

~R

1 comment:

Aura said...

Sounds like he is doing pretty well, R! I'm very happy for you and I hope that you see continued improvement in him as the days go by.