Wednesday, March 13, 2013

And here we are

So here we are halfway through march break.  Yesterday DH took the day off work and we took a couple hour drive to see his sister who had a heart attack and is waiting for surgery.  It was a nice drive and I must say it is so much better being able to go places and know that Bug (my youngest son) will be able to hold himself until we are able to make a pit stop.  If he could he'd drive around all day, I do believe it is his favorite thing to do...and that is saying something, since he lives for ripped paper. 

I'm serious he has become so obsessed with ripping paper that he does it all day long if you don't stop him.  Another favorite thing of his he likes to rip is aluminum foil.  It's not so much the ripping he likes because he will sometimes ask me to cut the paper for him.  After it's ripped he has a favorite 'toy', the very top lid off a wrapping paper storage tower, and he will put his paper in this and put it close to his face and feel the paper raining down on his face to the lid or put it near his ear and listen to it fall. 

Whenhe's finished ripping enough paper to fill the lid he will play with it a few minutes, then spill half of the paper in the floor in front of him and then add some to the lid again, after he is finished playing for an hour or so the floor is so full of paper that my house would go up in flames if someone were to drop a match...I end up with quite a paper rug!  I will have to post pictures soon, so you will see what I mean.  and the dog loves it...she rushed through them and they go flying everywhere.  *sigh*   certainly no fun to clean though.

Anyone else out there have a child with autism that has this crazy obsession or something similar?  I would love to hear your stories.

~R

No comments: