Thursday, March 14, 2013

the ho-dee-hum blues of my autistic son

My little Bug has been very lethargic today.  he'd ripped a little paper, but it's been confined to one spot.  His cheeks are flushed, and he's just laying round.  all smiles when I come near, though, so that's a good thing.  But I hate when he gets this way, because he gets too comfortable and don't want to get up when he needs to go to the bathroom, so now his chaise is filled with pee and I needed to soak it down to clean it and stand it up to dry.

Speaking of the chaise.  These are his absolute favorite chairs!  So when the last one broke I was scouring the internet looking for a second hand one that I could buy, because the way Buggie goes through chairs and sofa's we would be living on the street if we had to buy a new one every time we needed one.  So I searched for months after having to throw the old one out and finally at Christmas we found one cheap ($150 or somewhere around that), as apposed to the nearly $1000 you'd have to pay for a new one.  He loves it despite the fact that it doesn't have all the appeal of the older one (not as comfy and has no arms).  yesterday the darn thing broke, here we are less than three months after Christmas and we need a new one.  My DH is going to try to fix this one so we can get at least another month out of it, but I feel like pulling my hair out.    It's like flushing money down the drain, but he does enjoy them for the small while we have them, so maybe it all balances out.  Even so he still loves the chair even though he's practically sitting on the floor in it now.

I wasn't feeling too good today so my DH came home early so I could relax a bit.  Feeling better now.  My daughter says her throat is feeling weird so maybe we are catching something...that would explain Buggie's lazy day and red cheeks.

 We have snow coming our way through the night, so maybe we will wake up to a white ground.

We shall see.

~R

No comments: