Saturday, August 06, 2005

better day, but a battle of the earwigs




Yesterday was better! (Hence the title of this post)

I got up at about 7am and scurried around to clean the house because a possible respite worker for Elijah was coming at 10. Elijah woke up at nine and I did the usual: washed him, changed him, brushed him down and did joint compressions. He willingly ate his breakfast with absolutely no coaxing from me, so I knew that we had a good start on the day.

I meant this woman who I'll just call Jo. Elijah took an instant liking to her, licked her about to death. I gave her the lowdowns on Elijah-the good the bad and the ugly. and she told me about other kids she was working with. We exchanged numbers and she left.

I made dinner-which Elijah didn't eat. But he did eat a gronolea bar.

I was sitting up to write when Marissa called and said that Michael was crying to come down and could he, so I reluctantly said 'yes". Why reluctantly? Well, I haven't written all week so I was really looking foreward to writing. But Arly would be happy so what the hey!

But turns out Michael, Marissa and Del all came. So there went my day. But elijah was perfect for the whole day! Absolutely no crying. It would have been the perfect day for writing. But that's not theway my life works!

We all went to the children's meeting that night. I didn't feel like going but we did. I was sick by the times we got there because I had only eaten a cheese sandwich all day. I ate a couple hotdogs and then we went in the meeting.

Elijah was rawled up from beig able to roam outside that he plump out refused to sit in the meeting. I told Cliff to take him for a walk to the van and get his brush and maybe that would calm him down enough to get through the meeting.

But the brush was a no go, and instead he grabbed hold on my shirt with his teeth(he was aiming for skin) and bit so hard I heard threads break. Cliff had to take him out.

Well the meeting got about 15 minutes into it, when I noticed that the chair in front of me had an earwig crawling up it. I looked around for something to kill it with and ended up taking off my shoee and flipping it off the woman sitting in the chair. She was oblivious...still today she doesn't know that I rescued her from the bite of an earwig(ewww, my skin is crawling at just the thought). Anyway I loked down at the grass at my feet(the meeting was in a tent), and saw loads of them. So I wedged my skirt up under me and fixed my feet awkardly on each leg of the chair in front of me. Then I noticed the woman in front of me had a big spider on her, I poked Ants(my brother) and told him to get it and he wasn't as conspicious as me cause the woman turned and looked at him like, "what the heck? Paws off, I'm old enough to be your Mother."

I only had to drop my legs once. Why? Well, while sitting up front listening to stories about Our Soul(which is the real you) is loved by God, Arless had an inkling that maybe he better come back and kiss me. So I had to drop my legs dangerously close to a daddy long legged spider(which I then squished) in order to get the big wet kiss on my cheek. I wispered and told him he wasn't gonna get the quiet seat because he wasn't being quietand he scooted on up front again. But he did get it. LOL

I don't understand why he wanted to kiss me. He's like those abusive men who tell you they love you one minute and then abuse you the next. Just before we left to go to the meeting, he told me that Mariah(my neice) was beautiful like Jessica Simpson, and I was 'big and fat" like Meatloaf.

Needless to say, I left the meeting with muscle cramps and had to have the air condition on my face the whole way home, because I felt so sick.

Cliff had spent the hour walking with Elijah, but Cliff was smiling when I came out. HE NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME! Then I thought, walk for an hour or battle earwigs? hmmmm....I think he got the better deal.

Well our intention was to go grocery shopping, but once we got going we realized that we neither one had brought our bank cards with us. So we decided to combine grocery shopping with school supply shopping on Saturday(today).

We came home and stopped to foodland, rented "Finding Neverland" and me , Cliff and Evie watched it together.

Elijah went to sleep without the brushing at about 10. Something suited him yesterday. Hmm maybe cause he didn't eat even one page out of a book yesterday. Maybe it's the ink. I bought tote boxes...I have to pack the books away. Hate to, but The EI are going to get him a laminated book and see if he can manage to eat that.

Well, we soon have to leave for Yarmouth. So I'm gonna sign out and go shower.

Peace out!

No comments: